Business Partners Online Videos - Produced by RVTV-3
View the latest Business Partners online video:
- On the June 2019 Roanoke County Business Partners, we interview George Child, President and CEO of Richfield Living, so he can tell us about their expansion, which includes 140 new independent living residences, a state of the art nursing facility, and a town center. We’ll see their groundbreaking ceremony, as well as renderings of what the expansion will look like when complete. - June 2019
See previous Business Partners Videos at the bottom of this page.
Economic Development Online Videos
|The Place You Go is a film featuring the epic mountain biking around Roanoke in Virginia's Blue Ridge. With over 300 miles of trails and an incredible biking community & culture, Virginia's Blue Ridge is America's East Coast Mountain Biking Capital.
|Medeco - Business Partners Segment 2018
|American National Bank - Business Partners Segment 2018
|Couture Unicorn is a moble boutique specializing in women's fashions and is a 2018 Gauntlet Business Awards Winner.
Watch this Roanoke County, Virginia Businss Partners segment to learn more.
|Get the buzz on how Glenvar High School Students are producing & marketing Glenvar G-Bees natural products from their Bee Hives & Gardens on this Roanoke County, Virginia Business Partners segment.
|Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center
||Former LSC Building - 6450 Technology Drive Video Tour
An overview of industrial property available in Roanoke County. See more information at www.loopnet.com/Listing/204501...
||To learn more about economic development in Roanoke County and the 419 Study, listen to this WVMP FM radio interview.
|| Roanoke County Center for Research and Technology
Roanoke County's Center for Research and Technology has sites ready for industrial and technical businesses. Featuring easy access to Interstate 81, Virginia Tech, downtown Roanoke, and the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport.
|| Roanoke County Site Selector GIS Application
Learn more about all the features and information available in Roanoke County's Site Selector GIS application.
|| Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
Fly Local. Fly From Home. Fly ROA. www.FlyROA.com
|| Business Development Workshops to Support Local Small Business
Roanoke County and Roanoke County offer a variety of free workshops and classes to support local entrepreneurs. For more information about upcoming classes and programs, call Roanoke County Economic Development at (540) 772-2185.
| Technical Education Today for Tomorrow's Careers
Roanoke County Schools Burton Center for Arts and Technology trains tomorrow's workforce through multi-year technical programs that give students the skills they need for future careers in the performing and visual arts, engineering and robotics, media and mass communication.
|| Catawba Sustainabilty Center 2017 Small Farm Incubator Program
Learn more about the Catawba Sustainability Center 2017 Small Farm Incubator Program for small and beginning farmers. For more information and deadlines, call (540) 588-0283.
Previous videos include:
- Business Appreciation Month is the topic of the May episode. - May 2019
- The April episode shows how business is thriving throughout Roanoke County. - April 2019
- On the March show, we learn about the new Institute for Entrepreneurial Learning at Hollins University. Next we find out what the Career Development Department at Hollins University is doing to address the needs of students and employers of the 21st century. Lastly, we get an update on how the Gauntlet Business Program and Competition is going now that it is well underway. - March 2019
- In the February 2019 Roanoke County Business Partners, we participate in the ribbon cutting for a new wireless internet service that will deliver quality internet access for residents and businesses located in the Bent Mountain area of the County. Next, we talk with Meredith Hundley, Program Director for the Valleys Innovation Council, and learn what the council's mission is and their new involvement with the Star Tank Summit. Finally, we meet with Thomas Osha, Keynote speaker for the Star Tank Summit and learn his perspective on how community stakeholders can work together to support an innovative entrepreneurial ecosystem. - February 2019
- On January 2019 show, we celebrate the grand opening of Macado's in Vinton and learn what makes this Macado's unique. Next, Shari Henry, Director of Library Services for Roanoke County, tells us about a free online tool offered through the libraries and explains how it can be used by businesses large and small to train staff, develop managers and leaders, and much more. Finally, we are off to the races for a ground breaking ceremony to kick off the renovation a former off track betting facility in Vinton that will become Rosie's Gaming Emporium, and will offer satellite wagering and feature a new restaurant and bar. - January 2019
- Welcome to Roanoke County Business Partners. On December's show, we celebrate the grand opening of the Tru by Hilton, a new hotel brand for the area and a new development in the Hollins study area. Next, Annette Patterson tells us about what is new for the 2019 Gauntlet business plan competition. Finally, we visit with the Director of Talent Acquisition for Carilion Clinic and a student in the new Certified Nursing Assistant program at Roanoke County Public Schools. - December 2018
- On November's show, we learn about the 50 year history of Medeco Security Locks. Next, we celebrate the progress that has been made on the improvements on Plantation Road by attending a ribbon cutting. Then, we talk with Kevin Meade of American National Bank and Trust to learn how their recent acquisition of HomeTown Bank will leverage the strengths of each community bank. - November 2018
- On October's show, we learn about a Couture Unicorn, which is a mobile boutique specializing in women's fashions and a 2018 Gauntlet. Next, we talk with Keith Hartman, Director of the Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center to learn about the various business assistance programs available in the Roanoke Region. Then, we learn how Glenvar High School students are making and marketing G-BEES 100% natural products from the student garden and bee hives. - October 2018
- On the September show, we hear from Dina Lyons, Registered Apprenticeship Consultant, to learn how employers and employees can participate in the Registered Apprenticeship Program. Next, we visit Garret Farms in Glenvar to learn the history of the farm, what they are doing today on the farm, and their future plans. Then, we get an overview of Economic Development projects in the Town of Vinton that Roanoke County and the Town of Vinton have been working on for the last few years. - September 2018
- On the August show, we attend the ribbon cutting for the first new facility along the Plantation Road shared use path, Parkside Storage. We speak with Bob Archer to learn about Blue Ridge Beverage's current expansion project. Finally, we celebrate the grand opening of Farmburguesa, which is a business that participated in the Gauntlet Business Plan Competition, to hear about their experience in the competition and their fresh take on burgers. - August 2018
- On July's show, we meet with Donnie Martin of Magnets USA to learn about their participation in the Virginia Leaders in Export Trade Program and the Virginia Jobs Investment Program. We also speak with Pete Peters Assistant Town Manager and Director of Economic Development for the Town of Vinton to learn about efforts to redevelop the former Gish Mill property. Finally, we will attend the Grand Opening of Total You Health, which is a business that participated in the Gauntlet Business Plan Competition, so we can learn about their health care service that is a first of its kind in the Roanoke Valley. - July 2018
- On June's show, we attend the "signing day" for 25 Roanoke County Public Schools students participating in the Student Registered Apprenticeship program and talk with Ted Puzio owner of Southern Trust Home Services which is employing three student apprentices. We also speak with a few of the competitors in the 4th annual Gauntlet business plan competition to hear about their new ventures and their experiences while competing over the last 4 months. - June 2018
- On the May 2018 show, we attend the ribbon cutting of the first Zagster Bikeshare station in Vinton and discuss how companies can get involved in this new program. We get an update from one of the student apprentices at the Western Virginia Water Authority and hear from his father why it's been beneficial for his son to participate in the program. Finally, Pete Eschelman with Roanoke Outside talks to us about what the opening of Gander Outdoors means for the region's outdoor brand. - May 2018
- On the April show, we attend the first community meeting for the Reimagine Oak Grove planning study and talk to businesses and residents about the future of the area. We meet Erin Burcham, the director of talent solutions for the Roanoke Regional Partnership, to learn what she has been doing and what she has planned for the future. Finally, we participate in the second meeting for the Reimagine Hollins plan and hear from the community about the importance of this effort in the Hollins area. - April 2018
- On the March show, we attend the rededication of the renovated Dana Science Building at Hollins University to learn how it will improve the science education at the university. We explore an exciting new partnership between Roanoke County and Roanoke College for high school students to participate in a summer innovation and entrepreneurship camp. Finally, we visit Valley Cryotherapy, a new, hi-tech medical therapy business that uses nitrogen to lower skin surface temperature to stimulate natural regulatory functions of the human body. - March 2018
- On the February show, Roanoke County's Director of Economic Development, Jill Loope, gives us a snapshot of what happened in the county in 2017. We speak with the Pete Peters in the Town of Vinton to learn about what has been going on in the town and what is to come in 2018. Finally, we attend the grand opening of the LewisGale Cave Spring ER, a standalone ER which is the first of its kind in the Roanoke Valley. - February 2018
- On the January show, we attend the lighting ceremony for the Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority and learn why broadband is important to the Roanoke Valley. We speak with the president of ValleyStar Credit Union at the grand opening of their first Roanoke Valley location. Finally, the president of The Advancement Foundation, Annette Patterson, tells us about the 2018 Gauntlet business plan competition and how businesses and entrepreneurs can get involved. - January 2018
- On the December show, we attend the lighting ceremony for the Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority and learn why broadband is important to the Roanoke Valley. We speak with the president of ValleyStar Credit Union at the grand opening of their first Roanoke Valley location. Finally, the president of The Advancement Foundation, Annette Patterson, tells us about the 2018 Gauntlet business plan competition and how businesses and entrepreneurs can get involved. - December 2017
- On November's show, we will visit the Registered Apprenticeship and Workforce Summit, which was coordinated by Roanoke County Economic Development, Virginia's Blue Ridge Works, and the City of Roanoke Economic Development. We will meet Trish Morrison, Division Director for the Virginia Registered Apprenticeship Program and a Burton Center student who is currently working as an apprentice. Then, we will switch gears to see the recent developments at the Retreat luxury apartments. - November 2017
- On this month's show, Custom Tool & Machine shares some of their recent projects and how the company has been successful over the past 25 years. We learn how the Water Authority is partnering with Roanoke County Public Schools to start an apprenticeship program. Finally, we tour the former LSC Communications building, a 280,000 sf manufacturing facility available for sale.- October 2017
- On this month's show, Hollins University's new president shares her vision for the future of the 175 year old institution. We learn how recent Roanoke County high school graduates spent their summer interning with the County's GIS team. Finally, we visit Pavement Stencil Company, to hear what young professionals love about this small family-owned company. - September 2017
- On this month's show, we visit the headquarters of Optical Cable Corporation, a company with a rich history in the Roanoke area and the fiber optic cable industry. We celebrate the opening of the lofts in the former Roland E. Cook Elementary School in Vinton. Finally, we visit the newest section of the Roanoke Valley Greenways system, the Glade Creek Greenway in Vinton. - August 2017
- On the July show, we learn about the resources available to local businesses through the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board. We visit the site of Lewis Gale Medical Center's new freestanding center, which is the first redevelopment project in the 419 study area. Finally, we show you what makes the Catawba Valley Farmers Market unique. - July 2017
- With well over 70 participants in The Gauntlet Business Plan Contest and upwards of $200,000 in cash and in-kind prizes available, all participants were winners, but on May 11th four local entrepreneurial businesses were top finishers. From canoe out rigging systems, to tactical gloves, to a self-help system, to a winery and a hi tech game tracking system for bow hunters, these innovative and creative entrepreneurs showed what is possible in our local business community. The Gauntlet was such a success this year that we committed the entire Roanoke County Business Partners TV show to feature some of the top finishing entrepreneurs.- June 2017
- May is Business Appreciation Month in Roanoke County and the Commonwealth of Virginia and on the Roanoke County Business Partners May show we are taking this opportunity to thank the businesses that make our community prosper. We visit one of the many small businesses in the county, Minuteman Press, and learn how Owner Bill Kyle serves other small businesses and engages with the community. We visit a legacy business, The Mennel Milling Company, which has been manufacturing in the region for 100 years. And finally, we visit Creative Therapy Care, a nonprofit in the healthcare industry, to see their new facility and how they are using a variety of therapies to help individuals with disabilities. - May 2017
- In the Roanoke County Business Partners April 2017 show, we witness the Plantation Road Improvement Project groundbreaking and hear from Harris Corporation about the positive impacts improvements along Plantation Road will bring. We learn more about St. Francis Service Dogs and how the organization has been improving the lives of individuals with disabilities for over 20 years. And, we attend the final 419 Town Center community meeting to reveal the draft plan which includes recommendations for implementation. April 2017
- On this "Roanoke County Business Partners" we will visit the Catawba Sustainability Center, celebrate the 100th anniversary of Double Envelope, and learn about the upcoming Violence in the Workplace Workshop. - March 2017
the Roanoke County Business Partners February show, we learn about the
engineered silk Precision Fabrics Group has created for the healthcare
industry. We visit the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport to explore
the role of the airport in our regional economy. Finally, we visit
PogoTec, where we will give you an inside look at the latest in
electronic wearable device technology. - February 2017
- In the Roanoke County Business Partners January show, we reflect on what took place in Roanoke County in 2016 and then we take a look forward to hear what is to come in 2017. - January 2017
December show highlights the Roanoke Regional Small Business
Development Center's new business tool, "GrowthWheel," which helps
companies make decisions and take action. We give an update on how the
419 Town Center Planning Study continues to develop. Finally, we learn
about new developments at Ballyhack Golf Club and how the club evokes
images of Old Scotland and has quickly become a world-class destination
golf club.- December 2016
Roanoke County Business Partners November show highlights the unique
partnership between Magnets USA and The Advancement Foundation, Barrel
Chest Wine and Beer and how they are participating in the 419 Town
Center Study, and the role of the Western Virginia Regional Industrial
Facility Authority in diversifying the economy.- November 2016
this "Roanoke County Business Partners" we will learn how the community
is helping Roanoke County reimagine the Route 419 Corridor. We will
also visit with Southern States & Southern Trust Home Services. -
episode of the Roanoke County Business Partners television show
highlights opportunities to participate in community strategic planning,
as well as opportunities for employment, investment, and business
- This episode highlights opportunities to participate in community strategic planning,
as well as opportunities for employment, investment, and business
assistance. - Spring 2016
- The show features three business expansions, a non-profit grant announcement and a real estate opportunity. - Winter 2016
show features two business leaders who have received state level
awards, the opening of a new technology business and a charter
initiative - two Roanoke County Business Spotlights. - Fall 2015
show features new business Apptech Solutions, also Mike Leigh of OpX
Solutions and Tulane Patterson of Generations Solutions. In addition to
business spotlights of First Team Auto Mall and Plastics One - July 2015
This show features Violence in the Workplace, Magnets USA and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market - April 2015
- Business expansions in Roanoke County; Valley Bank, Audiotronics and Berglund Automotive - February 2014
- Major business investment in Roanoke County: Ardagh Group, Coca-Cola Consolidated, and Integrity Windows- November 2013
- Micro businesses that have expanded or have established unique market niches:
Lodging Technology, OrigoSafe, Sun Solutions and Patriot Drug & DNA
Services - August 2013
- Agribusiness: Steven Versen, Virginia Department of Agriculture & Consumer
Services; Southern States; & Mennel Milling - February 2013
- Community Development; Brogan Insurance, Freedom First FCU, Mill Mountain Coffee, Panera Bread - Nov. 2012