Existing Business Program
The Existing Business Program has instituted three distinctive efforts to increase two-way communication with the business community:
- Producing the "Roanoke County Business Partners" television program which is filmed every quarter and aired on RVTV-Channel 3. The show features businesses that have received certifications, hired new employees, undergone building or equipment expansions, or celebrated significant achievements. Each program features 4 to 5 segments, which profile the individual business.
- Recognizing individual businesses for achievements with a Resolution from the Board of Supervisors and a formal presentation at a Board meeting.
- Producing the Roanoke County Business Partners' e-Newsletter. This communication tool highlights new information on County businesses on a six to eight week schedule and links the reader to the economic development website for more in-depth articles, photos, and business updates.
The Existing Business Program also includes numerous outreach initiatives to serve and assist business partners such as:
- Regular visits to County businesses on a rotation schedule or by request
- Expediting business concerns on issues such as permitting, expansions, regulations, and zoning
- Presentation of Certificates of Appreciation to businesses locating in Roanoke County
- Involvement with state and regional agencies such as the Roanoke Regional Partnership, the Virginia Department of Business Assistance, the Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center, and the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board, to provide better information and referrals to businesses seeking assistance
For More Information
If you have any questions or would like more details, please contact the Economic Development Office by phone at 540-772-2069 or by email.