Preparing for Recovery
Here are the latest updates from the Governor regarding reopening.
|Executive Order 61|
Phase One Easing Of Certain Temporary Restrictions
Executive Order 63
|Phase One Business Guidelines||Business Guidelines By Sector|
In preparation for reopening, we’ve created a document with helpful tips for businesses in relation to employment, communication, and planning for the future.
To download the full document, please click on the image to the left.
We will continue to update this document as we receive more updates from the Governor’s Office.
Last Updated: May 18, 2020
Now Available: Virginia Supply Chain Connector
GENEDGE has launched the Virginia Supply Chain Connector – an online portal for Virginia manufacturers and suppliers to find each other, connect, make PPE and more. Together, they’re building a stronger supply chain. Learn more at supplychain.genedge.org.
The Virginia SBDC has designed a landing page with resources for reopening and recovering for small businesses across the state.
The Roanoke SBDC has also provided the graphics below for businesses to print out and hang in the window as they plan to reopen to the public. Click on either image below to download and print.
Resources for Restaurants
Restaurants have been devastated by the COVID-19 virus and subsequent closures. To help restaurants prepare to reopen, we’ve created this document for County restaurants:
- US Food and Drug Administration Best Practices Checklist
- The National Restaurant Association Reopening Guide
- Free online food safety course from the National Restaurant Association
- Resources from Southwest Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Resources from RestaurantOwner.com
Operational Toolkit for Reopening
Johns Hopkins has developed an operational toolkit to help business owners who are considering reopening or expanding their operations to determine their establishments’ risk of transmission of COVID-19 and how to reduce it. Read Here
- Virginia Department of Health Resource Portal
- Virginia SBDC Recovery Resources
- Virginia SBDC Roanoke Region
- Roanoke Region Responds (Roanoke Regional Partnership)
- Virginia Department of Health
- What to Do if an Employee Tests Positive (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade COVID-19 Resource page
- How to Build a "Buy Online, Pickup Curbside" Store
- Commonwealth of Virginia COVID-19 PPE Retooling Playbook
- Virginia Employment Commission
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- Roanoke County Updates on COVID-19
- State Updates from VA Department of Health
- VA Department of Health Guidance for Businesses
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Resources for Businesses and Employers
- VA Department of Emergency Management
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Recommended Cleaning Supplies